Saturday, June 4, 2016

Power to Renew

Every second year, I renew the interiors of our home! This year, while contemplating on the kind of changes I wanted to bring in the living room, in terms of the shades of paint, the pictures on the walls, the plants, lights and so on – I stumbled upon a beautiful idea! I wondered how often I tried to bring this change and ‘renewal’ to the living room of my mind. The place I always live in, even while touring & travelling! The thoughts I carry about myself, the selfies that I generally hold inside, the esteem I stand upon, the attitude I project and the list goes on. In this unlimited living room inside my mind, I do see a place reserved for a past, a bit distant and dark; I see a place close to me, the present; and a far-away hazy future. I take off a few pictures that have been unpleasant, I leave the wonderful ones, I include more encouraging and inspiring pictures, and in the future space, I place a fantastic image of me having achieved my wishes & dreams, an embodiment of wisdom, a portrait of my best self, in a state of bliss….and time and again I ‘impersonate’ this brilliant state! Wow, what a brilliant renewal of my mind’s living room….and I can keep redoing it whenever I feel like, consciously choosing to make it a warm, cozy and inspiring place to live in. An ambience par excellence.         

No comments:

Post a Comment